Content

Easing the Spring

Thursday, April 21, 2011
Pink sky early this morning. Now the sun, in a pale blue sky.

Japonica glistens like coral in my neighbor's garden.

Ah, see "Naming of Parts" by Henry Reed, here.  And listen to him read it, with Frank Duncan.

His first year of college, my son made a short video on the horror of war using this poem.

The coral impatiens I brought in for the winter is budding in a kitchen pot right now, neighboring nasturtium leaves in a long tumble.  Monday I took tiny black seeds of white bleeding heart to a woman I met in a coffeeshop, handing her the little envelope with joy.

Wikimedia image attribution/license here.
Japonica, and fruits, here.
Whole page of japonica here.

*****

April 21 poem-a-day prompt: justice or a gavel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive