Content

Escape Into Friday

Friday, August 19, 2011
The new poetry feature is up at Escape Into Life, Jeannine Hall Gailey, with amazing collage art by Shelley Kommers. What you see here is Andromeda Puts Out Her Stars (and EIL assures me it's OK to use it here to announce it there!)

Jeannine's poems in this feature are prose poems, two of them incorporating a haiku-like lyrical moment in the center, so they are like the Japanese haibun, often a poem of journey.

Two of them are about "the robot scientist's daughter" so I went on a little imaginative journey myself, off into speculative science fiction down one path, off into memory on another, and off into cyberspace on yet another, so my brain is tangled.

On the cyberspace journey, I landed on Jeannine's blog about poets who are scientists' daughters, which led to Kristin Berkey-Abbott's blog riffing on that topic, and I stayed to hear her report on the reef at Key Largo.

Oh, the poor ocean. Watch out for jellyfish!

Back inside my braided brain, I detected a science strand, an art strand, and lots of drama and language. I'm not a scientist's daughter, but I recalled madness and murder, a jail term, a trolley car accident, a great flood. And even a jellyfish. I wonder what I should do with all that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive